Thursday 26 March 2020

The significance of God being called the I AM

I feel I have gained a greater understanding of the significance of God being referred to as the I AM, or simply, I AM. It is because we humans are the I AM NOT. If God's actions are the I DO then we are the I DO NOT or as I say, I DON'T. It is all about divine destiny. The perfect sequence of events which flows as it should.

The effortless narrative which is the thing that does the doing. Humans ruin themselves by becoming excited when they catch a glimpse of God, behold the true nature things, and feel compelled to bring about the wondrous vision they saw themselves when they should have remained humble, and simply accepted the unfolding of their fate. No one needs to try because it has already been written. It has already been done.

The world cannot become any less simple than it is because everything within it cannot be disonnected to the initial cause that brought it into being and remains that which still already is and has been. 

So all that is needed, is for you to grasp the initial simplicity of where everything began, because every manifestation that takes place thereafter that place can be understood as being natural. In the same way we speak about the cradle of civilisation - Africa. Understand Africa and you understand humanity.

And there, brought into existence as a natural consequence of achieving enlightenment, is the trap that all organised religions have fallen into -because you lose what enlightenment you just gained by grasping it and using it to build your own house, your own institution, which is nothing more than an idolatrous shrine to enable you to sustain your worship of the truth that was once yours, but now persists only as a memory of what it is which you seek in vain for a path back towards.

The truth about truth is it can never be shared. It must be made by the self for the self. Its material extracted from the knowledge of the world, woven into fabric with which we shape our own container to hold all that is valuable to us and speaks to us alone. 

"THIS is the truth of things!", I heard myself think when I found myself compelled to dismount from my bike at once outside the Bridge Inn pub and hurriedly sat upon one of its benches in the courtyard. 
Yes, it was the truth of things! It was the trap that all humans eternally fall into and are perpetually seduced by. Their obsession with "bringing the good news" to others. Their arrogance in assuming that the truth that they now possess trumps all others and so must supersede and be reaffirmed as the sole truth. The only truth.


And this is the definition of evil.

No comments:

Post a Comment