Tuesday 13 August 2019

My Natural Affinity With Younger People

I've always been able to relate to young people, often being mistaken for one at the bar myself. In the petrol station earlier, a trendy looking lad being served at the counter was chatting to the cashier. The two of them were talking quite openly and I overheard the youth saying "...and he didn't realise that it was only me!". I felt the urge to shoehorn myself into their conversation and blurted out behind the kid "Only me!!", like the pensioner from the Harry Enfield sketches who always turns up unannounced and uninvited. I didn't see the cashier's face but the kid turned around and looked at me like I'd spontaneously lost my mind without good cause. I think I've blocked out how things carried on after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment