Saturday 6 June 2020

Being Human

People, especially a lot of people I know, are simply afraid to be human. Afraid to be who they already are. They seem worried about what will come out if they let go.

So they start thinking in terms of how they might regulate themselves. Managing how the private self engages and interfaces with their public self. I slip into that kind of limited, constrained mode of being myself occasionally when I'm stressed, unhappy, or under pressure etc. 

I'm not just not being myself, I'm having to think about how to be myself. It's just all wrong.

Thinking about how to be who you are just seems a bit of a contrived endeavour to me. An unnecessary waste of time and energy. But sometimes it may be the only option we have at hand in order to get through a tough time coming up. It's much better than having no strategy at all and going into a situation completely unprepared.  Or is it? 🤔

I try to think as little as possible and just react and respond to as much as I can without being annoying! 😂

No comments:

Post a Comment